Meghan Markle under pressure as she’s told Netflix show is ‘make or break’ for her and Harry’s deal
Meghan Markle’s lifestyle show is reportedly the “last chance” for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to “save their deal” with Netflix, with sources claiming it is “make or break”
Meghan is set to release her own cooking show on Netflix (
Image: (Image: GETTY))
Meghan Markle is reportedly facing a crucial moment as her forthcoming cooking and lifestyle show is being touted as the “last chance” to salvage the Sussexes’ Netflix deal. Insiders, including an entertainment executive, have described the situation as “make or break” for Meghan and Harry, who have been living in the US since their Royal departure in 2020.
Daily Mail columnist Alison Boshoff commented in her column that “so much hangs on” Meghan’s culinary programme, particularly following the “apparent failure” of their recent five-part docuseries, ‘Polo’. Despite both Meghan and Harry serving as executive producers, ‘Polo’ has not impressed critics, with Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams branding it “dull” and Charlotte Griffiths from the Mail on Sunday dismissing it as a “load of old tosh”.
Pressure mounts for the Duchess of Sussex after Polo deemed ‘dull’ (
Image:
(Image: GETTY))
Regarding Meghan’s upcoming series, a Californian source reportedly told Boshoff: “It’s make or break. People say Netflix are exhausted.” They added: “It’s so much work with her and, bluntly, the ‘deliverable’ does not seem to be worth it.”
Another industry bigwig stated: “Her show will have to be an enormous hit to turn around their deal and their reputations in this town.”,
Meghan, aged 43, hinted at her lifestyle brand American Riviera Orchard earlier in March, with the show expected to align with her brand launch, as reported by the Express.
The couple made few appearances in Netflix’s Polo (
Image:
(Image: GETTY))
However, the series is conspicuously absent from Netflix’s January line-up, leading to speculation that it may be released in late February – following Prince Harry’s Invictus Games in Canada – or even in March. The couple inked the lucrative five-year deal with the streaming giant shortly after they stepped back from Royal duties and relocated to the US.
Meghan and Harry now live in Montecito, California, with their two children, Archie, five, and Lilibet, three.
News
JAW-DROPPING: The One Show Hosts SH0CKED as Tony Blackburn Drops 3-Word B0mbshell for I’m A Celeb Stars.K
The One Show hosts stunned as Tony Blackburn gives just three words of advice to I’m A Celeb stars The…
GMB host Kate Garraway share fears for co-star amid ‘threat to life’ weather warning as viewers furious: “How irresponsible!”.k
GMB host Kate Garraway share fears for co-star amid ‘threat to life’ weather warning as viewers furious ‘It could be…
FURIOUS: Stacey Solomon Breaks Silence on Sons’ New TV Gig Amid Explosive ‘Nepo Baby’ Backlash.k
Stacey Solomon sets record straight on sons’ new TV job amid ‘nepo baby’ backlash Behind-the-scenes snaps show the boys filming…
OUTRAGE: Deal or No Deal Contestant Slammed as ‘Greedy’ After Massive Win on ITV’s ‘Most Expensive Night’.k
Deal or No Deal contestant branded ‘greedy’ amid big-money win in ‘expensive night for ITV’ Last night’s Deal or No…
SH0CK REVEAL: Alison Hammond Anxiously Admits ‘Addiction’ Live on Air During ‘Therapy Session’ with Expert – Fans Stunned!k
This Morning host Alison Hammond concerned as she admits to ‘shopping addiction’ during live ‘therapy session’ ‘I’ve gotta stop it!’…
Meghan and Harry “hit back” amid claims her “behavior before wedding set alarm bells ringing”.k
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ‘hit back’ over claims she ‘set alarm bells ringing’ ahead of their wedding The couple…
End of content
No more pages to load
Leave a Reply