Anton du Beke has said he would like to see Giovanni Pernice back on BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing.
Breaking his silence for the first time on Giovanni’s exit, judge Anton said: “I’d like to see him back of course.” Giovanni vehemently defended his work ethic earlier this year when he was accused of “bullying” and “abusive” behaviour in the Strictly training room by actress, Amanda Abbington.
The BBC is reported to be in “panic” mode ahead of the release of a report examining bullying allegations on its primetime hit show, with bosses at the corporation worried about potential costly legal action when its findings are published.
This week, Anton added to The Sun: “But we’ll enjoy Aljaz, and his new efforts on the show this year, and we’ll move forward.”
Anton and Giovanni are good pals, having filmed their BBC travel show together as well going on tour together this year.
Anton and Giovanni are good pals, having filmed their BBC travel show together as well going on tour together this year (
Image:
WARNING: Use of this copyright image is subject to the terms of use of BBC Pictures’ Digital Picture Service (BBC Pictures) as set out at www.bbcpictures.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/. In particular, this image may only be published by a registered User of BBC Pictures for editorial use for the purpose of publicising the relevant BBC programme, personnel or activity during the Publicity Period which ends three review weeks following the date of transmission and provided the BBC and the copyright holder in the caption are credited. For any other purpose whatsoever, including advertising and commercial, prior written approval from the copyright holder will be required.)
Strictly’s longest-serving professional dancer Giovanni has found himself at the centre of bullying allegations, after his celebrity dance partner Amanda came forward with testimony earlier this year. The Sicilian has since left the BBC show and joined the Italian version of Strictly, Ballando con le stelle.
Bosses at the BBC are said to be weighing their options ahead of the report’s publication, with the possibility of either Giovanni or Amanda taking them to court if they are disappointed with its findings. With excitement building for the start of the new series of Strictly on Saturday, the corporation will also want to avoid tarnishing its star-studded start.
A BBC source revealed to the Mail that the top brass “don’t know what to do for the best,” with the much-delayed bullying report.
They said: “There is a lot of panic and worry that whoever it does go in favour of will really go for the BBC, so every single word of whatever is released doesn’t give anyone the chance to complain.
“They literally don’t know what to do so it is being delayed and delayed. [Director-General] Tim Davie is a good guy but this is impossible to navigate.”
It recently emerged the staff on Strictly Come Dancing had been asked to “hand in their phones” by BBC bosses, after a reported subject access request by Abbington’s legal representatives, Carter Ruck. This will trawl for any reference to either of the former dancing duo, in the hopes of bringing to light anything that will support or disprove the bullying claim.
News
festive treat Kendall Jenner strips off to a sequined corset and tights in sultry Christmas snaps
KENDALL Jenner has turned heads in eye-popping lingerie and heels. The Kardashians star, 29, looked stunning in the striking pictures as she…
FAMILY TIME Kim Kardashian looks stunning in figure-hugging dress as she shares new family Christmas snaps with kids and mom Kris
KIM Kardashian looked absolutely stunning in a figure-hugging dress as she shared new Christmas snaps. The Disney+ star celebrated the…
NICE TO SEE YOU Bianca Censori flashes her B/U/M in see-through tights as she smiles next to husband Kanye in glam New Year snap
BIANCA Censori has ended 2024 after a year of barely there outfits by stepping out in yet another revealing ensemble….
Timothee Chalamet’s sister Pauline shares nude baby bump pic after quietly welcoming first child
Timothee Chalamet’s older sister Pauline Chalamet surprised fans with a breathtaking reveal nearly three months after quietly welcoming her first child in September. …
Justin Bieber gushes over wife Hailey in sweet New Year’s Day tribute
Justin Bieber dedicated a sweet tribute to his wife Hailey Bieber in his New Year’s Day post. On Wednesday, the 30-year-old singer shared…
Fans are convinced Kylie Jenner is pregnant because of subtle detail in her latest video
Speculation that Kylie Jenner might be pregnant with her third child has gone into overdrive as some fans have claimed that the…
End of content
No more pages to load
Leave a Reply