Giovanni Pernice is looking to the future as he gears up for his Strictly Come Dancing return – but not in the UK.
The professional dancer, who recently celebrated his birthday, has reportedly signed up to star in the Italian version of the BBC One programme after allegations about his “abusive” behaviour behind the scenes led him to be scrapped from this year’s edition of the competition over in the UK.
After being called out for his alleged misconduct, Giovanni Pernice has vehemently denied all accusations against him, the majority of which have stemmed from Amanda Abbington’s stint in the competition.
Taking part in the show last year, the Sherlock actress threw in the towel after five weeks, citing medical reason. But she later revealed she’d been targeted with death threats from Strictly fans, while the choreographer tried to focus on other projects to forget the storm – and his most recent break-up.
Giovanni was axed from Strictly Come Dancing after allegations emerged about his alleged ‘abusive’ behaviour towards Amanda Abbington (
Image:
Ray Burniston/BBC/PA Wire)
The dancer has since moved on as he rekindles with the show abroad (
Image:
Instagram/giovannipernice)
While uncertainty is said to have weighed on his participation in Strictly’s Italian edition, Ballando Con Le Stelle, due to her allegations, reports casting doubt over Amanda Abbington’s claims against him have resulted in him signing up for the show. A TV source told The Daily Mail this Saturday, September 7, 2024: “Gio is thrilled, he has been hoping that it would happen, he had everything crossed. He is so excited that he can keep on dancing and what makes it all the more lovely is that it will be in his home country.” The Daily Mirror have reached out to the BBC and Giovanni’s representatives for comment.
Meanwhile, the probe over at the Beeb continues, with Amanda Abbington releasing new evidence to bosses, though it was recently suspected that the investigation could end soon, with the BBC relaying its findings in a matter of days. “The deadline has been looming and the BBC has been on pause with its result but the Ballando bosses love him, they adore him, and they have now signed him”, the insider continued.
Before reminding the impact the robe around his supposed behaviour has had on his professional endeavours. “It is absolutely horrendous for Gio. He has been stuck in limbo and has been unable to move on with his life. It will be a lovely, lovely boost for him.” This comes after Giovanni took to social media on Thursday, September 5, to mark his 34th birthday, sharing a new snap on his Instagram account to update his admirers. “30+4 today! Thank you so much to all of you for the messages. I do appreciate your love and endless support! Better days to come and exciting news to share with you very soon. Love you all, Gio”, he captioned.
Making his debut on the Strictly dancefloor in 2014, Giovanni Pernice was one of the show’s longest-serving dancers before he was booted out of the competition. The mounting crisis includes, as mentioned, claims from Amanda Abbington and, allegedly, another handful of Giovanni’s former dance partners in the BBC One programme.
In one of his statements, released in July, Giovanni told fans that he has “always rejected any suggestion of abusive or threatening behaviour,” adding: “I am cooperating fully with the ongoing BBC investigation, which will determine the truth. As requested, I have stayed silent, but I am looking forward to the conclusion of the investigation and ultimately clearing my name and establishing the truth.”
If you have a mouse, this game will keep you awake all night long.BaseAttackForce|
Sponsored Links by Taboola
Amid the controversy, the BBC announced in July that it was introducing “additional steps to strengthen welfare and support” on the show – which is celebrating its 20th anniversary – moving forward. They are said to include now having a production team member present in training room rehearsals “at all times.” But the scandal has officially overshadowed Strictly’s 20th anniversary.
The full line-up for this year’s Strictly Come Dancing was recently revealed by many loyal fans of the show expressed their frustration, notably over the lack of female contestants, which is thought to be a direct consequence of the probe around Giovanni Pernice and other dancers who have also been called out since.
News
festive treat Kendall Jenner strips off to a sequined corset and tights in sultry Christmas snaps
KENDALL Jenner has turned heads in eye-popping lingerie and heels. The Kardashians star, 29, looked stunning in the striking pictures as she…
FAMILY TIME Kim Kardashian looks stunning in figure-hugging dress as she shares new family Christmas snaps with kids and mom Kris
KIM Kardashian looked absolutely stunning in a figure-hugging dress as she shared new Christmas snaps. The Disney+ star celebrated the…
NICE TO SEE YOU Bianca Censori flashes her B/U/M in see-through tights as she smiles next to husband Kanye in glam New Year snap
BIANCA Censori has ended 2024 after a year of barely there outfits by stepping out in yet another revealing ensemble….
Timothee Chalamet’s sister Pauline shares nude baby bump pic after quietly welcoming first child
Timothee Chalamet’s older sister Pauline Chalamet surprised fans with a breathtaking reveal nearly three months after quietly welcoming her first child in September. …
Justin Bieber gushes over wife Hailey in sweet New Year’s Day tribute
Justin Bieber dedicated a sweet tribute to his wife Hailey Bieber in his New Year’s Day post. On Wednesday, the 30-year-old singer shared…
Fans are convinced Kylie Jenner is pregnant because of subtle detail in her latest video
Speculation that Kylie Jenner might be pregnant with her third child has gone into overdrive as some fans have claimed that the…
End of content
No more pages to load
Leave a Reply