Coleen Rooney is said to have been left deeply worried about husband Wayne following his sacking from Plymouth Argyle.
Wayne, 39, was fired from his £500,000 a year job as head coach just seven months after he was appointed in May following a disastrous spell in charge, leading them to just four Championship wins all season.
He was reportedly told about the sacking via a phone call after 9.30am on New Year’s Eve and, according to friends, was left “gutted” but understood it was inevitable.
And Coleen was said to have been “so keen” for his career to have worked out as she “knows how much he loves football”. A source told the Daily Mail: “On the outside, life for the Rooneys is all fancy restaurants, vodka cocktails and expensive clothes, but actually football is so important to Wayne. It keeps him busy. She worries about him, and football keeps him out of trouble.”
Yet the couple faced another blow earlier this week after footage of a woman appearing to go into his Salcombe pad – which he shared with assistant Plymouth coach Pete Shuttleworth – went viral. The alleged video is believed to show Wayne opening the door for the woman before later cutting him to standing in front of a TV.
Wayne was sacked from Plymouth earlier this week (Â
Image:
Getty Images)
The video is said to have sparked fury from Wayne and Coleen, with the former taking to Instagram to issue a passionate denial and wrote: “The video shows a man and woman looking around my apartment. The couple kindly gave me a lift home and were in there at the same time as my son who was visiting.
“The footage is from last summer. It is annoying that at least one online newspaper has chosen to edit the footage to make it appear as though a woman entered the apartment on her own. That is simply not true.”
Despite this, it has been reported that Coleen and Wayne are still going strong, with a source claiming that Coleen “knows he’s a target for women”, adding: “He is hugely famous and he loves a chat when he has had a drink and perhaps in the past, he has done stupid things.”
Wayne was also set to star in his own big money Welcome to Wrexham-style documentary, but that will now likely follow his struggle after becoming unemployed. A source added: “Part of the charm of the show [would be] Wayne’s successes as a manager, but now it seems he will be getting under her feet rather than being a football coach.”
The Mirror has reached out to Coleen’s reps for comment.
Coleen and Wayne with their sons (Â
Image:
Instagram)
Plymouth’s latest adverse result saw them sink to a 2-0 defeat to fellow strugglers Oxford United. It leaves Plymouth rock bottom of the table, already four points from safety and the club’s owners decided to make a change.
A statement read: “Plymouth Argyle can confirm that the club and Head Coach Wayne Rooney have mutually agreed to part ways with immediate effect. Departing the club with Rooney will be Assistant Head Coach Mike Phelan and first team coach Simon Ireland.
“First team coach Kevin Nancekivell and Club Captain Joe Edwards will lead the team for our Sky Bet Championship match against Bristol City on New Year’s Day. Daryl Flahavan will continue as Goalkeeping coach. We would like to thank Wayne and his team for all their efforts and wish them well for the future.”
Coleen has reportedly been left devastated over his sacking (Â
Image:
Getty Images)Don’t Miss
Wayne’s spell in charge saw a number of humiliating defeats amid growing calls for him to be sacked. His first game as Plymouth boss ended in a 4-0 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday.
Their embarrassing 6-1 defeat against Norwich led Wayne to lash out at his Plymouth side and suggested that the club’s under-18s wouldn’t have conceded so many goals. He said at the time: “We were nowhere near good enough – we are down to the bare bones with injuries but that is no excuse,’ he said.
“But if players want to come in the team and stay in the team then they need to perform better than that. We were fortunate to be only 2-1 down at half-time. You then hope for a reaction in the second half but once they made it 3-1 I thought we went under, which is very disappointing.
“The players just didn’t look like they thought they could get back in it. I could probably put the under-18 team out there and they wouldn’t concede six goals, so I’m very disappointed, angry, frustrated and the next 24-48 hours are not going to be very nice for the players. But we need to really get to the bottom of why this is happening.”
News
festive treat Kendall Jenner strips off to a sequined corset and tights in sultry Christmas snaps
KENDALL Jenner has turned heads in eye-popping lingerie and heels. The Kardashians star, 29, looked stunning in the striking pictures as she…
FAMILY TIME Kim Kardashian looks stunning in figure-hugging dress as she shares new family Christmas snaps with kids and mom Kris
KIM Kardashian looked absolutely stunning in a figure-hugging dress as she shared new Christmas snaps. The Disney+ star celebrated the…
NICE TO SEE YOU Bianca Censori flashes her B/U/M in see-through tights as she smiles next to husband Kanye in glam New Year snap
BIANCA Censori has ended 2024 after a year of barely there outfits by stepping out in yet another revealing ensemble….
Timothee Chalamet’s sister Pauline shares nude baby bump pic after quietly welcoming first child
Timothee Chalamet’s older sister Pauline Chalamet surprised fans with a breathtaking reveal nearly three months after quietly welcoming her first child in September. …
Justin Bieber gushes over wife Hailey in sweet New Year’s Day tribute
Justin Bieber dedicated a sweet tribute to his wife Hailey Bieber in his New Year’s Day post. On Wednesday, the 30-year-old singer shared…
Fans are convinced Kylie Jenner is pregnant because of subtle detail in her latest video
Speculation that Kylie Jenner might be pregnant with her third child has gone into overdrive as some fans have claimed that the…
End of content
No more pages to load
Leave a Reply