They’ve watched two of their colleagues leave Strictly over abuse and bullying allegations.
And now the show’s remaining professional dancers have revealed that they have been ‘entirely kept in the dark’ by bosses and told how they have been left fearing ‘who will be next to go.’
As Strictly returns for its 20th anniversary series on Saturday, sources on the programme say that the are finding the scandal ‘tough’ as they prepare themselves to lose more colleagues.
One insider told the Mail: ‘The revelations about their friends have been really tough on the other professionals and they’ve been left entirely in the dark about the whole scandal.
‘They’re continuing to go into training each day to get ready for the upcoming series but every day they fear another one of their colleagues will be gone. They’re not sure who is going to be next.’
+4
View gallery
The Strictly dancers have revealed that they have been ‘entirely kept in the dark’ by bosses and told how they have been left fearing ‘who will be next to go’
+4
View gallery
As Strictly returns for its 20th anniversary series on Saturday, sources on the programme say that the are finding the scandal ‘tough’ as they prepare themselves to lose more colleagues
Their fears come after Giovanni Pernice, 34, decided to quit the show after the BBC launched an inquiry following accusations from Amanda Abbington that he had bullied her during training. He profusely denies the allegations.
And in July, Graziano Di Prima, 30, was sacked after admitting to kicking his dance partner Zara McDermott. Bosses acted swiftly after seeing a video of him kicking her hard while she was on the floor.
Despite the show returning on Saturday, the BBC has yet to release its verdict of whether Mr Pernice did wrong, though he is expected to be exonerated.
BBC chiefs are panicking and worried over the publication of their findings as they fear the looming possibility of legal action from the actress, 52, or Pernice if either is disappointed by the outcome.
The exit of Mr Pernice, who was the longest-serving male dancer, and the subsequent sacking of Mr Di Prima has left the Saturday night staple reeling as both dancers were widely loved by fans and colleagues.
However, Vito Coppola, who won the show last year with his partner Ellie Leach, remains stoic about Strictly’s future. He said: ‘Honestly, we are like a big family. And like a big family, we support each other. We are like brothers, sisters and cousins.’
Making a return after missing last year due to a breast cancer diagnosis, professional Amy Dowden insisted at Wednesday night’s NTAs that the probes have not tarnished Strictly’s reputation.
The show will launch on Saturday and stars the likes of former England footballer Paul Merson, singer Toyah Wilcox and DIY SOS presenter Nick Knowles.
+4
View gallery
Their fears come after Giovanni Pernice , 34, decided to quit the show after the BBC launched an inquiry following accusations from Amanda Abbington that he bullied her
News
festive treat Kendall Jenner strips off to a sequined corset and tights in sultry Christmas snaps
KENDALL Jenner has turned heads in eye-popping lingerie and heels. The Kardashians star, 29, looked stunning in the striking pictures as she…
FAMILY TIME Kim Kardashian looks stunning in figure-hugging dress as she shares new family Christmas snaps with kids and mom Kris
KIM Kardashian looked absolutely stunning in a figure-hugging dress as she shared new Christmas snaps. The Disney+ star celebrated the…
NICE TO SEE YOU Bianca Censori flashes her B/U/M in see-through tights as she smiles next to husband Kanye in glam New Year snap
BIANCA Censori has ended 2024 after a year of barely there outfits by stepping out in yet another revealing ensemble….
Timothee Chalamet’s sister Pauline shares nude baby bump pic after quietly welcoming first child
Timothee Chalamet’s older sister Pauline Chalamet surprised fans with a breathtaking reveal nearly three months after quietly welcoming her first child in September. …
Justin Bieber gushes over wife Hailey in sweet New Year’s Day tribute
Justin Bieber dedicated a sweet tribute to his wife Hailey Bieber in his New Year’s Day post. On Wednesday, the 30-year-old singer shared…
Fans are convinced Kylie Jenner is pregnant because of subtle detail in her latest video
Speculation that Kylie Jenner might be pregnant with her third child has gone into overdrive as some fans have claimed that the…
End of content
No more pages to load
Leave a Reply