GIOVANNI Pernice’s huge career move is being celebrated by an A-list pal and a former Strictly dance partner.
Last night the dancer revealed he will star in the next series of the Italian version of Strictly – Ballando con le Stelle – four months after he quit the English version amid an investigation into his conduct in the rehearsal room.
5
Giovanni Pernice has joined the Italian version of StrictlyCredit: Instagram
5
Hannah Waddingham is a fan of Strictly and GiovanniCredit: Getty
5
Michelle Visage is backing Gio to win his new showCredit: Getty
The news was cheered by Michelle Visage, who danced with Giovanni in 2019. She commented: “Go win and DON’T VOGUE.”
Ted Lasso star and Strictly fan Hannah Waddingham wrote: “Buona fortuna Bello! Xxxx”
Her comment translates to “good luck, handsome.”
Both Hannah and Michelle joined Giovanni backstage earlier this year on his Let Me Entertain You theatre tour.
Giovanni delivered his career update in a video to fans on Instagram.
He said: “Hi everyone. It’s me Giovanni. Hope everyone is having a nice rest of the summer. I’m here in Portofino, and I’ve just finished two fantastic weeks with my family.
“But I’m here to give you some exciting news, because I can finally reveal that from next week, I will be joining the cast of Ballando con le stelle, which is the equivalent of Dancing with the Stars, Italian version, of course.
“I’m excited because finally I’m back on the dance floor, and hopefully I will create some new magic on the dance floor.
“So I’m very, very happy about it. Now I have to do the same thing in Italian because there is an Italian audience.”
Fans were delighted with the update, and immediately started asking where they can watch him perform.
“Congratulations 🙌 The BBC’s loss is Italy’s gain. Can we watch it anywhere? Is it streamed? Good luck,” wrote one.
Another wrote: “Congratulations but we’ll miss you”
“Italian lessons for me then! So pleased we will see you on the dance floor again! ❤️❤️❤️,” noted a third.
Moving On
Giovanni’s new job marks a fresh chapter for the Sicilian dancer, who left Strictly Come Dancing in May after nine years as a fan favourite.
During that time, he made the final four times and won once with EastEnders star Rose Ayling-Ellis.
However, he quit as it emerged Amanda Abbington, who was partnered with him in the 2023 series, had lodged a formal complaint to the BBC about his behaviour.
Amanda later said in an interview it was “disastrously unworkable” and suggested some of his comments were “sexually humiliating” in nature.
Giovanni has always maintained his innocence regarding the allegations, and has continued to vow to clear his name.
The probe, which is due to conclude in days.
5
Giovanni won the 2020 series of Strictly with Rose Ayling EllisCredit: PA
5
Amanda Abbington said she found Giovanni ‘disastrously unworkable’ in a tell-all interviewCredit: BBC
The investigation is believed to have cost the BBC thousands of pounds, with another dancer, Graziano Di Prima, later being fired after unearthed video footage of his behaviour towards Zara McDermott in rehearsals was brought forward by a member of staff.
In light of the investigation, the BBC have now put new duty of care protocols in place, including having chaperones in the rehearsal rooms for the celebrities to monitor what goes on.
The series is celebrating its 20th series this year, and will kickstart with their launch show next Saturday night.
News
festive treat Kendall Jenner strips off to a sequined corset and tights in sultry Christmas snaps
KENDALL Jenner has turned heads in eye-popping lingerie and heels. The Kardashians star, 29, looked stunning in the striking pictures as she…
FAMILY TIME Kim Kardashian looks stunning in figure-hugging dress as she shares new family Christmas snaps with kids and mom Kris
KIM Kardashian looked absolutely stunning in a figure-hugging dress as she shared new Christmas snaps. The Disney+ star celebrated the…
NICE TO SEE YOU Bianca Censori flashes her B/U/M in see-through tights as she smiles next to husband Kanye in glam New Year snap
BIANCA Censori has ended 2024 after a year of barely there outfits by stepping out in yet another revealing ensemble….
Timothee Chalamet’s sister Pauline shares nude baby bump pic after quietly welcoming first child
Timothee Chalamet’s older sister Pauline Chalamet surprised fans with a breathtaking reveal nearly three months after quietly welcoming her first child in September. …
Justin Bieber gushes over wife Hailey in sweet New Year’s Day tribute
Justin Bieber dedicated a sweet tribute to his wife Hailey Bieber in his New Year’s Day post. On Wednesday, the 30-year-old singer shared…
Fans are convinced Kylie Jenner is pregnant because of subtle detail in her latest video
Speculation that Kylie Jenner might be pregnant with her third child has gone into overdrive as some fans have claimed that the…
End of content
No more pages to load
Leave a Reply