Giovanni Pernice made a triumphant return to Strictly last night where he was praised by the show’s judges, presenters and fellow professional dancers for his unforgettable silent dance.
The star, who was forced to leave the show because of a BBC investigation following Amanda Abbington’s claims he bullied her, featured heavily in the programme’s 20th anniversary special.
He was lauded for his groundbreaking dance with deaf partner Rose Ayling Ellis in 2021.
The pair stunned audiences when halfway through their performance to Clean Bandit’s Symphony the music stopped but the dance continued.
The special performance was dubbed the ‘greatest dance of all time’ on Strictly.
Mr Pernice’s return came as he competed in the finale of the Italian version of Strictly, Ballando Con Le Stelle.
He and partner Bianca Guaccero were favourites to win after being top of the leaderboard every week of the series.
Recalling his performance with Ms Ayling Ellis on Strictly Come Dancing: 20 Fabulous Years, Motsi Mabuse said: ‘Rose and Giovanni’s couple’s choice is one of those dances that follows me to this day. It was so moving.’
+3
View gallery
Giovanni Pernice, who was forced to leave the show because of a BBC investigation following Amanda Abbington’s claims he bullied her, featured heavily in the anniversary special
+3
View gallery
He was lauded for his groundbreaking dance with deaf partner Rose Ayling Ellis, which was dubbed the ‘greatest dance of all time’ on Strictly
+3
View gallery
Mr Pernice’s return came as he competed in the finale of the Italian version of Strictly, Ballando Con Le Stelle
Head judge Shirley Ballas said: ‘There wasn’t a dry eye in the house,’ while host Tess Daly added: ‘I had goose pimples on my arms and tears in my eyes.’
Friends of Mr Pernice, who was cleared of Ms Abbington’s most serious allegations, say he was thrilled to be remembered despite leaving the show abruptly last year.
But he was smiling in Rome last night as he and Ms Guaccero competed in the final of the Italian competition.
Of the final, he said: ‘I have been overwhelmed with the love and support shown.’
The BBC originally recommended that Ballando Con Le Stelle sign Mr Pernice, 34, to their show, paving the way for his return to the spotlight.
News
festive treat Kendall Jenner strips off to a sequined corset and tights in sultry Christmas snaps
KENDALL Jenner has turned heads in eye-popping lingerie and heels. The Kardashians star, 29, looked stunning in the striking pictures as she…
FAMILY TIME Kim Kardashian looks stunning in figure-hugging dress as she shares new family Christmas snaps with kids and mom Kris
KIM Kardashian looked absolutely stunning in a figure-hugging dress as she shared new Christmas snaps. The Disney+ star celebrated the…
NICE TO SEE YOU Bianca Censori flashes her B/U/M in see-through tights as she smiles next to husband Kanye in glam New Year snap
BIANCA Censori has ended 2024 after a year of barely there outfits by stepping out in yet another revealing ensemble….
Timothee Chalamet’s sister Pauline shares nude baby bump pic after quietly welcoming first child
Timothee Chalamet’s older sister Pauline Chalamet surprised fans with a breathtaking reveal nearly three months after quietly welcoming her first child in September. …
Justin Bieber gushes over wife Hailey in sweet New Year’s Day tribute
Justin Bieber dedicated a sweet tribute to his wife Hailey Bieber in his New Year’s Day post. On Wednesday, the 30-year-old singer shared…
Fans are convinced Kylie Jenner is pregnant because of subtle detail in her latest video
Speculation that Kylie Jenner might be pregnant with her third child has gone into overdrive as some fans have claimed that the…
End of content
No more pages to load
Leave a Reply