“He’s Garbage!” Retired Super Middleweight Champion Says Terence Crawford Would Knock Out Canelo
Terence Crawford, fresh off becoming a four-weight world champion by defeating Israil Madrimov, has his sights set on a new target: a high-profile showdown with unified super-middleweight champion Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez. Despite being linked to potential fights against Vergil Ortiz and Sebastian Fundora, Crawford’s primary motivation remains a clash with the Mexican superstar.
Crawford’s desire to face Canelo has become clear, with the American seemingly uninterested in other potential matchups. Eddie Hearn, a former promoter of Canelo, recently suggested to ESNEWS that Crawford might not step into the ring again unless he can secure the Canelo fight. Hearn stated, “I don’t think Crawford will fight again outside of Canelo Alvarez. I don’t think he has the desire. He definitely won’t fight Vergil Ortiz in my opinion, I don’t think he’ll fight Fundora. He made a lot of money last time out, he made a lot of money against Spence, and I think he’s thinking if I don’t make a lot of money, I’m done.”
Initially, Canelo appeared dismissive of the fight, citing the size difference and suggesting he would not receive credit for beating a naturally smaller man like Crawford. However, more recent comments from Canelo indicate a willingness to discuss the matchup after his upcoming fight against Edgar Berlanga.
If the fight does materialize, Crawford would need to move up two additional weight classes to face Canelo, a significant challenge even for a fighter of his caliber. Former super-middleweight champion James Toney has boldly predicted that Crawford could not only defeat Canelo but become the first man to stop him. Toney told ESNEWS, “Yep. Crawford beats Canelo, by KO,” underscoring his belief in Crawford’s ability to overcome the odds.
Toney has never shied away from criticizing Canelo, previously stating that the Mexican star isn’t even fit to “carry his gym shoes” and reiterating that Canelo’s style is one-dimensional and overrated. He added, “Canelo, he fights one way. Everybody thinks he’s a diamond. He’s not. He’s garbage. Canelo couldn’t even carry my gym shoes. I would knock him out.”
Canelo Alvarez is set to return to the ring on September 14 against Edgar Berlanga at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Fans and analysts alike will be watching closely, not just to see if Canelo prevails against Berlanga but also to gauge the potential of a future megafight between him and Terence Crawford.
News
JAW-DROPPING: The One Show Hosts SH0CKED as Tony Blackburn Drops 3-Word B0mbshell for I’m A Celeb Stars.K
The One Show hosts stunned as Tony Blackburn gives just three words of advice to I’m A Celeb stars The…
GMB host Kate Garraway share fears for co-star amid ‘threat to life’ weather warning as viewers furious: “How irresponsible!”.k
GMB host Kate Garraway share fears for co-star amid ‘threat to life’ weather warning as viewers furious ‘It could be…
FURIOUS: Stacey Solomon Breaks Silence on Sons’ New TV Gig Amid Explosive ‘Nepo Baby’ Backlash.k
Stacey Solomon sets record straight on sons’ new TV job amid ‘nepo baby’ backlash Behind-the-scenes snaps show the boys filming…
OUTRAGE: Deal or No Deal Contestant Slammed as ‘Greedy’ After Massive Win on ITV’s ‘Most Expensive Night’.k
Deal or No Deal contestant branded ‘greedy’ amid big-money win in ‘expensive night for ITV’ Last night’s Deal or No…
SH0CK REVEAL: Alison Hammond Anxiously Admits ‘Addiction’ Live on Air During ‘Therapy Session’ with Expert – Fans Stunned!k
This Morning host Alison Hammond concerned as she admits to ‘shopping addiction’ during live ‘therapy session’ ‘I’ve gotta stop it!’…
Meghan and Harry “hit back” amid claims her “behavior before wedding set alarm bells ringing”.k
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ‘hit back’ over claims she ‘set alarm bells ringing’ ahead of their wedding The couple…
End of content
No more pages to load
Leave a Reply